Friday, December 11, 2009

Artist Statement

To begin with, this portfolio was an everyday project and was interesting to me.
Several of the photos you see were taken by me or another classmate, and was improved to look better in several ways through the use of Photoshop.
In this portfolio, you will find photos that show the beauty of like and the way I seen things in my eyes whether if it was bad or good.

With my portfolio, feel that my portfolio can be better if I put more effort into it and give it my all.
Over this past semester, I have learned a lot of tools in Photoshop and how to enhance the beauty of a photograph. An example of a few tools I have learned are, magnetic lasso, the move tool, how to create your own paintbrush and so on.

I feel I was most successful with the macro project, because we got a chance to get up close to the little things in life and see the true beauty of what they are as well as getting a chance to get a better look at textures. I liked this project the most because I had fun with it and it was a great experience and something new to learn on the cameras.

The project I struggled with the most was the words project, mostly because I was not here on some of the days the work was explained and I was going through some tough times in life due to personal family issues. Overall I gave it a shot but did not post it because it is incomplete. I think if I would have understood the project more I would have fun with it and it would have been an easy project to complete.

In the future, I can improve my work by attending school everyday so I don’t miss important information and get class assignments done when they need to be complete. Unfortunately, I haven’t seen improvement yet but hopefully soon I will.

1 comment:

Miss Cook said...

Lisette. I know when life gets crazy in one place, its hard to focus in all those other places. This is one thing I have always found art good for. When other parts of life get me down, I throw myself into my art to either forget the rest of life, or express the turmoil, thereby getting it out of my system. I know that isn't a beat-all system, but worth trying. You are an artist with a beautiful perspective on life. Keep stretching yourself creatively, expressively, and compositionally. You will see improvement.